CharityMobi responds by providing relief aid for special needs children in disasters in the United States. We help families with special needs children recover in hurricanes, floods, devastating wild fires, and other natural and man-made disasters.
WHAT WE DO
CharityMobi, Inc. partners with Recovers.org to use their tools to mobilize communities to be prepared for disasters, and to know how to use the CharityMobi - Recovers Community Disaster management web tools. CharityMobi provides MobiEHR® elecronic health reocrds for children for emergency preparedness and for emergency care in any accident, illness or catastrophic event. The charity participates in a twitter alert mobile emergency network to provide emergency alerts for parents when their children are in day care or at school. The " I AM OK " system notifies parents that their child is OK via mobile cellular text message or twitter alert notice in the event of a catastrophic emergency. We support a mobile reunification program to reunite children with parents in a disaster.
HOW WE HELP PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER (ASD) AND PHYSICIALLY CHALLENGED CHILDREN IN DISASTERS
- We provide direct relief aid - a purse of funds, and emergency goods.
- We provide professionally trained staff to help parents cope with chldren that have (ASD) Autism or Asperger syndrome, and other health issues.
- Asperger syndrome (AS), also known as Asperger disorder (AD) or simplyAsperger's, is an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) that is characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication, alongside restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests.'
- We help parents to replace prescriptive medications lost in the emergency, including nebulizers and other emergency treatment devices.
- We transport parents to and from relief aid centers, temporary shelter housing, hospitals, and temporary respite care faclities for children.
HOW OUR CASE MANGERS PROVIDE ONGOING RELIEF AID
- CharityMobi provides MobiEHR® Health ID card- electroinc heath record
- We plan & coordinate a child's medical care in the aftermath of disaster.
- We help plan and locate permanent accessible housing - and pay for moving expenses to relocate the entire family with a special needs child in the aftermath of disaster- when FEMA funds are in the works, unapproved or exhausted.
HOW WE COORDINATE WITH DONORS AND EMERGENCY AGENCIES
We seek donors to continue to assist the family to cover emergency rent when needed, providing rent during relocation and recovery, including providing payment of utilities and other qualified expenses.
- We seek churches and other local agencies to lend a helping hand by contributing time, talent and resources.
- We coordinate with the Red Cross, FEMA and other State Emergency Management Agencies.
- We work closely with specific communities to form neworks of the parents of special needs children to participate in emergency preparedness and disaster management training.